Getting Around Richmond By Car
Richmond is a suburb of London, just outside of the main city but still close enough that it enjoys fairly high footfall all year round.
When two roads meet, we call one of them major, the other minor. Traffic on the major road has priority; traffic on the minor road must give way. You can tell which is which by the road markings.
In this section, a left turn is a turn from a major road to a minor road.
1. Road signs: red-bordered warning triangles tell you that you’re approaching a junction
2. Road markings: you’ll see them on the left of the road ahead
3. Buildings: a gap in a row of buildings could indicate a junction
4. Parked cars: a gap in a row of parked cars could indicate a junction
5. Moving cars: cars emerging from the left could indicate a junction
When you’ve spotted the junction at which you want to turn left, follow the MSPSL routine.