Each year, 3500 people are killed on the UK’s roads. New drivers are involved in up to 1 in 7 vehicle accidents causing injury or
When two roads meet, we call one of them major, the other minor. Traffic on the major road has priority; traffic on the minor road must give way. You can tell which is which by the road markings.
In this section, a left turn is a turn from a major road to a minor road.
1. Road signs: red-bordered warning triangles tell you that you’re approaching a junction
2. Road markings: you’ll see them on the left of the road ahead
3. Buildings: a gap in a row of buildings could indicate a junction
4. Parked cars: a gap in a row of parked cars could indicate a junction
5. Moving cars: cars emerging from the left could indicate a junction
When you’ve spotted the junction at which you want to turn left, follow the MSPSL routine.